- Ideation, Futuristic, Command, Maximizer, and Analytical
- Western International University - Tempe, AZ
Senior Developer - Colleague Administrator (June 2014 - July 2014)
- Facilitated in developing a relationship between Ferrilli and Western International University for additional support and resources to assist in the migration of Colleague and supporting systems from a Solaris platform running UniData to a Windows platform running Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ferrilli - Media, PA
Senior Business Process Engineer (April 2013 - December 2013)
- Developed multiple state reporting systems involving export and transformation of data from Colleague into formats defined by said states (including fixed-width, comma-delimited, and XML).
- Created a system based on security classes for determining institution-defined required information gathering in WebAdvisor.
- Optimized processing code to remove hard database queries, replacing the relevant code with Ellucian-standard statements for abstracted data retrieval (for use across multiple database platforms) resulting in a significant increase in the speed of the relevant program.
- Analyzed and debugged a situation with a client requiring the modification and update of a large number of computed columns.
- Created multiple reports through SSRS against Microsoft SQL Server databases both utilizing ODS, and directly against the Colleague tables.
- Created a data transform program for upload into an external system using Windows PowerShell.
- Gateway Technical College - Kenosha, WI
Programmer/Analyst (December 2008 - April 2013)
- Colleague development experience using UniQuery on UniData and Envision Basic utilizing both the Envision Tool Kit (ETK) and Colleague Studio. Additional projects included developing with InterCall and C as well as UniObjects for Java to interface with the database. Modules developed for include (but are not limited to) Financial Aid, Registration, and Admissions.
- Developed an alternative registration process through WebAdvisor for Continuing Education (including modifications to accommodate the deployment of eCommerce).
- Installation and configuration experience with Colleague UI 4.x, and WebAdvisor.
- System administration and integration experience with both Colleague (including patch installation and customization management) and Perceptive ImageNow.
- Automation of various processes using cron, sed, awk, and other standard Unix tools as well as shell scripting.
- Ellucian training on SAP Web Intelligence, Business Objects Server Administration, Business Objects Designer, and Microsoft SQL Query Fundamentals.
- Carthage College - Kenosha, WI
Computer Programmer/Computer Support Technician (September 2005 - August 2007)
- Developed utilities to integrate authentication systems between various systems from different vendors including Novell eDirectory and CommuniGate Pro.
- Modified a system obtained from another college to check student machines for the presence of anti-virus software, as well as specific patches.
- Integrated the system-check utility with NetReg.
- Created various administration utilities and reports utilizing Perl.
- Responsible for building images for faculty and staff machines using Symantec Ghost.
- Diagnosed and corrected both hardware and software issues for faculty and staff computers.
Computer Programmer (September 2004 - August 2005)
- Developed student self-service utilities for the email system to allow for password changes as well as other account changes without staff intervention.
- Researched various best practices for the email system in order to improve performance.
- Gateway Technical College - Kenosha, WI (September 2012 - December 2012)
Mobile Device Programming
- Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester, NY
(September 2000 - October 2005, September 2006, September 2007 - November 2007)
MS: Computer Science
- Thesis: Alternate Syntax for XSLT (http://scholarworks.rit.edu/theses/716)
- Independent Study: Front-end for XSLT
BS: Computer Science (Highest Honors)
- Minor: Psychology
- Cooperative Education:
- Carthage College - Kenosha, WI
Computer Center Intern (March 2001 - August 2001, July 2003 - September 2003)
- Apple - Cupertino, CA
Systems Programmer (June 2002 - August 2002)
- Gateway Educational Support Professionals - Kenosha, WI
Kenosha Campus Union Representative (September 2010 - May 2012)